Essences are spheres of color that can be collected in various levels and used in Alchemy with Stones to make Materials. Essences come in 9 colors: Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Purple, Black, White and Pink.
Combinations[edit | edit source]
Every material has a different combination that requires one essence and one stone. To figure out the respective combination for a certain material, select it within any inventory. Under the material's name, the combination to make it is represented as two icons - the leftmost icon indicates the essence required and the icon to the right of it indicates the stone required.
Sources[edit | edit source]
Essences and stones will never appear in chests. Rather, they are commonly found as item drops from enemies. If the player leaves a level without entering the treasure portal, then proceeds to the hub world, any gems collected by the player will break, yielding essences and stones.
Descriptions[edit | edit source]
In previous versions of Magicmaker, the game had described each individual essence as shown below:
- Essence of Red: The very essence of the color red, inspiring fervor and heat. Red materials tend to change the way a spell deals damage.
- Essence of Orange: The very essence of the color orange, reminding you of a setting sun. Orange materials tend to affect the health and mana of the user.
- Essence of Yellow: The very essence of the color yellow, which makes you feel a bit cheerful. Yellow materials tend to affect a spell's movement.
- Essence of Green: The very essence of the color green, a very natural color. Green materials tend to cause spells to hit many targets very quickly.
- Essence of Blue: The very essence of the color blue, evoking peaceful feelings. Blue materials tend to affect the movement of the user or enemies.
- Essence of Purple: The very essence of the color purple, a strange color indeed. Purple materials tend to provide additional damaging effects.
- Essence of Black: The very essence of darkness. Black materials tend to provide utiltiy effects designed to aid combat spells.
- Essence of White: The very essence of light. White materials tend to provide useful utility effects for adventurers.
- The Essence of Pink has no description since it was added after the descriptions became unviewable.